[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team races

+3
Insanefrank
BiggLou55
joekorn
7 posters

Go down

Team races Empty Team races

Post by joekorn Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Chaoborus brought this up and it would be sooo much fun. I have no idea how to set it up, but would be awesome to have some team/endurance style races. We could pair up drivers, with each running a set number of laps, best total time wins. Teams could be 2-4 drivers, with maybe 4 teams running. Borus was thinking about using the pits to stage drivers not running, with handoffs occurring there as well. I'll try to test it sometime if anyone is online and willing. If that doesn't work we could just do a simple multi-race series, each driver running one race and adding up times when everyone is done. Thoughts?
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Team races Empty Re: Team races

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:14 pm

To my knowledge, the Pits will not work. It's an automated touch and go....

We could do it heat style or even simultaneous races... 2-4 identical races hosted at the same time.... There is a team representative in each race.... But I do suggest doing a best time average as opposed to best total time. This way if, for some reason, someone cannot or does not make a race, there isn't a huge penalty to the team. This also keeps the established series racing schedule...

If we all party up prior to the race, would we be able to chat between the lobbies?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanefrank Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:10 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:If we all party up prior to the race, would we be able to chat between the lobbies?

It should work but maybe there will be a bit of confusion.

I have a good idea for a endurance/team race. I will post my idea later or tomorrow.
Insanefrank
Insanefrank
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Could park at the end of the pits. But I'm confounded as to how you'd do it tag team style at the same time.

Would you set it for something like 10 laps, (assuming 2 person team) taps the other driver after finishing the 9th lap and then the other one drivers for 10 laps?

They could sit at the finish line. When you're completely stopped you become a ghost. So they won't really be in the way. Visual distraction, yes.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Having teams would be a great idea. I am in and I pick Mark1991 as my teammate, lol.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanefrank Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Here is my example for a team race series

Endurance Series

Teams: max. 16

Driver per Team: 2

Series Length: 4 races/month

Series Points: 24 20 18 14 12 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

Series Championship: Driver and Team

Series Race length: 1 or 2 hours

Race Points
Driver Points: The driver with the most laps wins. Points will be added for the driver and the team.
Team Points: The number of driven laps from both drivers will be added. These points are for the team championship.

Race Decision: If two teams/driver have the same number of laps the seconds decide. I hope it will be displayed.

The race will take place in 2 races/lobbys, it can be on 2 different days in the week of the race. There will be a draw
to fill the races (i.e. Team 1 Driver 2, Team 2 Driver 1 and so on). The time of the race could be a problem that needs to be solved (time zones, work.....).

Other things could be a team paint, ps or/and weight restriction, team members needs to drive the same car, maybe race with drag tires for pitstops.

Tell me what you think.
Insanefrank
Insanefrank
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jgoodman00 Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:45 am

Insanefrank wrote:Here is my example for a team race series

Endurance Series

Teams: max. 16

Driver per Team: 2

Series Length: 4 races/month

Series Points: 24 20 18 14 12 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

Series Championship: Driver and Team

Series Race length: 1 or 2 hours

Race Points
Driver Points: The driver with the most laps wins. Points will be added for the driver and the team.
Team Points: The number of driven laps from both drivers will be added. These points are for the team championship.

Race Decision: If two teams/driver have the same number of laps the seconds decide. I hope it will be displayed.

The race will take place in 2 races/lobbys, it can be on 2 different days in the week of the race. There will be a draw
to fill the races (i.e. Team 1 Driver 2, Team 2 Driver 1 and so on). The time of the race could be a problem that needs to be solved (time zones, work.....).

Other things could be a team paint, ps or/and weight restriction, team members needs to drive the same car, maybe race with drag tires for pitstops.

Tell me what you think.

Sounds good to me. I particularly like the idea of bringing tyre wear and pit strategy into it.

jgoodman00
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:53 am

[quote="Insanefrank"]
to fill the races (i.e. Team 1 Driver 2, Team 2 Driver 1 and so on). The time of the race could be a problem that needs to be solved (time zones, work.....).[quote]

What you could do here is put the pools in by race time/ time zone. So everybody that gets drawn into the Driver 1 position will race at a specific time. Same for Driver 2.

This does limit the variability of teams, but it makes logistics easier. You won't get Jgood and Magico on the same team. That's not a bad thing. Although you probably could get one of those two and Mark or Converge on one team.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanefrank Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:10 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:What you could do here is put the pools in by race time/ time zone. So everybody that gets drawn into the Driver 1 position will race at a specific time. Same for Driver 2.

Yes, I thought even that one driver from u.s. zones and one from europe zones would be a lot easier. My idea was simply not to race with the same guys every round of the event to bring a bit variety in the races but this only works in a perfect world. Very Happy
Insanefrank
Insanefrank
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jgoodman00 Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Perhaps we need to have a qualifying event on the track using the leaderboards for the rankings which can then produce the teams. I guess you would need to run qualifying on a fixed car to make it as even as possible?

Once you have the pairings each team can then choose/build/tune the car for the races?

jgoodman00
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:33 pm

This sounds like an awesome idea. I like the lap idea because it keeps it simple, if you get more laps in, obviously your running faster haha.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanefrank Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:22 pm

jgoodman00 wrote:Perhaps we need to have a qualifying event on the track using the leaderboards for the rankings which can then produce the teams. I guess you would need to run qualifying on a fixed car to make it as even as possible?

Exactly, to balance teams it could be the first from US zone get paired with the last from the EU zone and so on. I suggest that everyone needs to save the lap and put it on his SF so no one can cheat to get the fastest guys as partner.

jgoodman00 wrote:Once you have the pairings each team can then choose/build/tune the car for the races?

Once the pairs stand the 2 drivers choose 1 car both must drive with the car so choose wisly, the build can be slightly different but must hit the restrictions, the tune can be different at all. My tip is that the build for the team is the same so the faster driver can help the slower driver to get faster this could be the key for winning the series.
Insanefrank
Insanefrank
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:19 pm

I like this a lot Frank.... I do have a suggestion... Set a minimum # of laps that should be completed by each driver and team. Each driver starts with say 50 points. For every lap over the limit, a point is awarded and for every lap under the limit a point is removed. This way there is a target for car selection and tuning.

One note.... Full simulation mode isn't necessarily Full simulation. tires and fuel are not real world, so pitting is only a slight challenge. What is a challenge is full damage and removal of racing lines (no line or braking only)... If we know the tracks ahead of time, we can practice the lines, and braking zones. This will add to the realism and challenge.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanefrank Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:49 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:I like this a lot Frank.... I do have a suggestion... Set a minimum # of laps that should be completed by each driver and team. Each driver starts with say 50 points. For every lap over the limit, a point is awarded and for every lap under the limit a point is removed. This way there is a target for car selection and tuning.

One note.... Full simulation mode isn't necessarily Full simulation. tires and fuel are not real world, so pitting is only a slight challenge. What is a challenge is full damage and removal of racing lines (no line or braking only)... If we know the tracks ahead of time, we can practice the lines, and braking zones. This will add to the realism and challenge.

I'm not a big fan of bonus points but a minimum # of completed rounds to get points is a good idea something like the 107% rule in the F1.

Full simulation, well what is full simulation in a game... full damage and braking only were in my thoughts from the beginning and there is a difference between race and drag tires in terms of durability in a 2 hour race i hope you will need to get new tires. I need to test this. And during the pitstop the damage will be repaired. Tracks will be known at the same time the team member qualifying begins, if anyone will participate.
Insanefrank
Insanefrank
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Count me in... How will we set up the teams? We going to have an NA and EU column and match them up at random? That seems to be the fairest way to do it. Otherwise.... I pick you as my partner!! Twisted Evil
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanefrank Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:18 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:How will we set up the teams?
There will be a qualifying event one for NA and one for EU.

Insanefrank wrote:Exactly, to balance teams it could be the first from US zone get paired with the last from the EU zone and so on. I suggest that everyone needs to save the lap and put it on his SF so no one can cheat to get the fastest guys as partner.
Insanefrank
Insanefrank
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum